As many of you know, the FDA PMTA deadline for vape manufacturers is just a few days away and it’s a really big deal for us as consumers. You see, all vape companies who make hardware and e-liquids must have their applications into the FDA by September 9 to continue marketing and selling their products in the United States. Since this app process is tedious and expensive, we’re already seeing many smaller companies close their doors. This means many of your favorite vape juices and hardware may no longer be available after September 9.
But, we have one last chance to extend the September 9 deadline. We ask everyone to comment on this FDA petition to give smaller companies an additional 180 days to get their applications in. Simply follow the instructions below.
Option 1: Visit The CASAA Website.
- Read the instruction on the page
- Complete the electronic form on the page (US residents only) – Customize your comment to prevent it from being marked as spam
Option 2: Visit This Page: Petition for Extension of Premarket Tobacco Product Application Filing Deadline
- Click the blue “Comment” button on the top left of the page
- Enter your comments in the “Comment” section
- Under “What is your comment about?” use the dropdown menu to select “Individual Consumer”
- Fill in your email and identity (optional)
- Click the “Submit Comment” button at the bottom