Here’s a fantastic price for the HCigar VT250S DNA 250 Box Mod.
Update: This Item Is Out Of Stock Everywhere – Check Similar DNA250C Mods Below
The VT250S is the upgraded version of Hcigar‘s VT250 DNA Box Mod. As was the case with its predecessor, the VT250S is built with a precise DNA 250 chipboard, but is newly designed, features a completely different paint finish, and can be used with 2 or 3 batteries.
What really sets this mod apart from the previous version is that you can power it with either two (167W) or three batteries (250W) by using one of two battery covers. The process of removing/installing these is very convenient with a simple press of the button or by flipping a switch depending on what setup you’ve chosen. With three 18650 batteries installed, the HCigar VT250S is slightly smaller than the previous version with measurements that come in at 38mm (W) x 49mm (L) x 86mm (H). The width and length are reduced by 4mm and 9mm respectively with only two cells in the VT250S battery bay.
The design and colors of the unit are completely new. The new unit is still made from zinc alloy but features a brand new “body of toast” paint finish that is available in black or yellow with silver accents. The firing button is also oval instead of square, the two adjustment buttons are integrated into one arrow instead of two, the atomizer bezel is no longer built with an elevated ring and the form factor is rhombus shaped instead of oval. But, this mod’s 510 atomizer connection is still spring-loaded for flush installs, the buttons are still water resistant and the 0.91″ inch DNA 250 screen hasn’t been changed.
With three cells, this DNA 250 chip is capable of up to 250 watts of power, while two installed batteries allow for a maximum of 167 watts. The mod’s temperature range is 200 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit and the lowest atomizer resistance comes in at 0.10ohm. Variable temperature modes will work with stainless steel, titanium, and nickel coil heads. Eight memory slots can be customized by visiting the Evolv website and installing Escribe software on your computer. In temperature control, there’s also a preheat system for customized output levels during initial firing.
As usual, this DNA 250 chipboard includes low voltage protection, low resistance protection, short circuit protection, over-temperature protection, and reverse battery protection. There’s also a balanced charging system to the top of the cells while they are inside the VT250S. Charging occurs at a fast 2 amps and allows for continued vaping while the mod is plugged in.
Overall, the VT250S may be an excellent buy because it combines the best of the VT250 and VT167 into one mod. But, it is uncertain if the new design with an alternative paint finish looks and feels as good as HCigar’s previous devices.
Features & Specifications
- Built with a DNA 250 Chip by Evolv
- Use with dual or triple 18650 batteries
- Two included battery covers
- Measurements: 38mm x 49mm x 86mm (triple batteries) or 34mm x 40mm x 86mm (dual batteries)
- New design
- Zinc alloy toast paint finish
- Colors: yellow or black
- Springloaded 510 connection
- 0.91″ OLED screen
- Water resistant buttons
- Fast Micro USB 2A charging
- Balanced onboard charging
- USB firmware upgrades
- Pass-through capable
- Power range: 1W to 250W (3 cells) or 167W (2 cells)
- Temperature range: 200°F to 600°F or 100°C to 300°C
- TC mode: SS / Ti / Ni200 compatible
- Lowest resistance in TC mode: 0.10Ω
- Lowest resistance in power mode: 0.20Ω
- Voltage output: 0.5V to 9.3V
- Voltage input: 9V to 12.6V
- Highest current output: 55 amps
- 97% efficient
- Escribe desktop software for easy customization of settings
- Short circuit protection
- Low resistance protection
- Low voltage protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Reverse battery protection