Update: The Asmodus Oni DNA 250 167W Box Mod Has Been Discontinued – Check Newer Evolv DNA Mods Or All Mod/Kit Deals
The Oni by Asmodus is the company’s latest DNA 250 mod. Made with Evolv’s most powerful chip board, the device is Escribe compatible for customization, utilizes dual 18650 cells, can put out up to 167 watts of power and features interchangeable door, buttons and more.
The Oni 167W measures 90.5mm x 54mm x 27mm, is made from T6061 Alumuminum and features rounded edges in a modern form factor. What’s unique about this unit is that its chassis can be completely disassembled and that panels, the battery door, the face plate or main body can be swapped for a customized mod design.
The control face is made with square DNA 250 buttons for ergonomic operation. In between the buttons, you will see a 0.91″ OLED screen that features a convenient menu to swap modes and monitor current box mod data. For easy and tight atomizer installation, there’s a spring-loaded 510 contact at the top on which you can install the included 24mm inner diameter ring for an premium appearance.
Because the Oni is built with Evolv’s DNA 250 chip set and is powered by dual 18650 cells, it is capable of 167 watts of output power. The cells are stored behind a triple magnetic door that is easily removed for external charging. There’s also an ability to install a Lithium Polymer battery instead of the pre-installed external battery bay, but this must be purchased separately. Batteries can be topped off while inside the battery sled by plugging the Oni DNA 250 into any USB wall or computer outlet. Charging occurs at a rapid 2 amps of current, so you’ll be good to go in no time. And, balanced charging technology further ensures safety and vape through capability allows for continued mod use during the charging process. The USB port is also used for future software upgrades in case Asmodus publishes a new firmware to improve the mod.
The box mod has several built-in modes that can also be customized via Escribe desktop software. These include power mode and three temperature control modes that support either nickel, titanium and stainless steel heads. The Oni 167W is compatible with atomizers that have a resistance down to 0.08ohm in any of the temperature modes or 0.10ohm during variable wattage operation.
Overall, if you are looking for a reliable box mod with modern design and customization, the Asmodus Oni DNA 25o will provide adequate power, precise operation and personalization on both the design and technological level.
- Measurements: 90.5mm x 54mm x 27mm
- Colors: gold, neo chrome, blue chrome, chrome, black/red
- Curved corner design
- Disassemble completely
- Swap chassis, panels, etc…
- 510 threaded/springloaded connection
- Included: 24mm diameter 510 ring
- Square adjustment buttons
- Buttons match chassis color
- 0.91 inch display with DNA menu
- Configure mod settings/screen menu via Escribe desktop software
- Evolv DNA 250 chip
- Magnetic battery door
- Utilizes dual 18650 batteries
- Battery bay can be replaced with optional LiPo battery
- Micro USB balanced charging
- 2A fast charging current
- Firmware upgrades via USB port
- Power output range: 1W to 167W
- Temperature range: 200°F to 600°F
- Operating modes: Power, Ni2oo, SS, Ti
- Resistance range in variable wattage mode: 0.1Ω to 2.0Ω
- Resistance range in temperature control: 0.08Ω to 1.0Ω
- Voltage ouput range: 1V to 7.4V
- Maximum continuous output current: 50A
- Peak maximum ouput current: 55A
- Input voltage range: 9V to 12.6V
- Input current range: 0.5A to 28A
- Power down current: 5uA
- Screen on vurrent: 21mA
- Quiescent current: 3.5mA
- Cell by cell monitoring
- Cell balancing
- Power lock mode
- Stealth mode
- Lock mode
- Lock resistance
- 97% efficient
- USB cable included
- User’s manual